Tudor Book of Days £15.00
The Tudor Book of Days is a beautifully designed perpetual diary for keeping important dates, events and seasonal notes in a personal day book. The diary pages have a week in a double page spread and list important Tudor events by month and by day. The book has a section with biographical details of significant Tudor figures.
The Tudor Book of Days is inspired by the Book of Hours, prized in the Tudor and Renaissance period. Primarily a private devotional book, it listed holy days and hours for prayer, but was often used to record births and marriages, important events and festivals, or to write messages of affection between friends.
As a diary:
- Linen effect hardback cover, featuring a stunning detail image of Tudor roses and flowers embroidered on a chasuble from the collections of the Victoria and Albert Museum, London.
- Any year, six-days-to-view diary.
- Year planner.
- Notes section and dedicated space for recording birthdays, anniversaries and other important family occasions.
As a historical record of the Tudor period:
- Tudor Saints and Feast days for every month of the year.
- Key births, deaths and events from the Tudor period – one for every day of the year.
- Biographical information on over 150 key historical figures from the Tudor period.
- Month by month account of important social and political events.